2011/08/31

August Roundup.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Beauty by Robin McKinley
The Dot and the Line
The Works of Edgar Allan Poe Complete and Unabridged
The Secret Lives of Hoarders

What movies, television shows, plays, etc. did I watch this month?
Movies: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides, Thor, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, As You Like It, Sherlock Holmes, The Count of Monte Cristo, The Big Sleep, Bolt
TV: Bones

Where did I eat out this month?
Creme de Bakery
Tea Rose Diner
Red Ginger Bistro
Einstein Bros.
Brick Oven
Jamba Juice

What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?
Going-away party for Laura and Kristan
Hanging out with Lorraine and Glenna

What were my accomplishments this month?
Got a job.

What were my disappointments this month?
Hotman gone forever. :(

Favorite new recipe:
At The Abbey's Kitchen: Pear Pudding, Nut Milk
At Cookery Mine: Chocolate Mint Cake, Lentil Sausage Casserole, Oven Zucchini Fries

Quotes:
Me: Hey, my ex is on League of Legends, you should frag him.
Cuyler: Whatever I'm not gonna frag him, I'm gonna pwn the nub.

What I made:
tablet weaving
beaded skirt
mended/altered some stuff

2 comments:

  1. .

    Don't get me wrong: I love Poe: but: are you taking a class or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I merely got a copy of his whole works and am reading through it. Some of the longer, more boring stories I skim or start reading and skip, like The Journal of Julius Rodman, and The Balloon Hoax, which I've read before and didn't feel the need to read again. Also Why the Little Frenchman Wears His Hand in a Sling, I don't think I got through because everything was spelled wrong to approximate an Irish accent. I haven't been reading it much lately, though, because I'm being really strict with my bedtime.

    ReplyDelete