2009/07/24

Hosen.

Today I spent a lot of time trying to draft a pattern for hosen, which are basically socks that are sewn with woven fabric (medieval, of course). I drew a pattern several months ago, but didn't get around to testing it until today, for lack of desire to do anything. Here's the original pattern:



And 5 socks later, I ended up with this pattern:



The big piece needs to be cut on the bias, the other pieces don't really matter for bias or grain.

Here's a bad photo of the final one:



Obviously needs to be worn with a garter (cross gartered!*), and it's a little baggy in the foot, but it's the best I have patience for today.

Someday I'll make a pair with wool like it should be done. Guess I'll have to weave garters too.


*If you don't get this joke, you should read more Shakespeare.

No comments:

Post a Comment