2014/11/02

In which I don't dress up for Halloween.

This year was the first year in my memory that I have not dressed up in any way for Halloween. No costume. I wore a Nightmare Before Christmas tshirt on Halloween and that was all.

Costumes used to be such a huge deal for me. I would think about Halloween all year long, deciding what to be, and sometimes expending a lot of time and money making something that I thought was really cool.

But I've stopped caring that much. I realized in the past few years that I didn't want to spend that much time and money making something that I would wear only once, so I figured I had enough basic costumes that I could recycle them for a few years before I felt a big desire to make something new. But this year, I didn't even do that. I could have, if I really wanted to, but the problem is that all my costumes are in a bin in the very back and bottom of my storage room. Completely inaccessible without taking the time and energy to take everything out of the room to get to the bin. I just didn't make the time for it because it just wasn't that important to me.

However, for next year Parry and I want to do a couple's costume of Booker and Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite. Her outfit is super cute and I could easily just stick it in my wardrobe so it's less of a waste of time to make it. Easily hackable from existing clothes that I could get cheap at thrift stores. That's the kind of costume I want to make nowadays.


No comments:

Post a Comment