Remember how I said I was going to do it at a slow, casual pace? I ended up writing all the text for it yesterday. Without the images (which includes the hundreds of patterns), it's only 14 pages long. And some of those are really short pages.
I'll have to give it a few days, then go back and read it to check if I forgot anything obvious.
It's compiling it into a book with all the images that will be tricky. There's going to be a lot of images. I have the images for the actual patterns, and some photos of finished pieces, but I don't know where the rest will come from. I mean, I guess I'll have to make them. Or Alyssa, who wants to design the book, will make them.
And I'll have to actually weave all the patterns to get photos of them all.
Yay!
ReplyDeleteActually, you don't have to weave ALL of the patterns you put in the book. You do need to weave several, but largely you only need to put the patterns in the back once the person gets the general idea. I've seen lots of professional pattern books that do that. I'd weave some very basic, a few middle complication, and then one or two very complicated patterns and just have the rest in there as ideas.
ReplyDeleteAlso, would you like help choosing colors and picking out color palettes? Raine and I are willing to help there.
I know I don't HAVE to weave them all, but I would much rather have photos of them all. I've made patterns before that looked okay on paper but didn't look okay in real life--and not just because of color combinations. So I do want to make them to make sure the pattern does work, and I feel it would look more professional, and be more enjoyable to peruse, if there were photos for each.
ReplyDeleteYou have a point; it is best to test all the patterns before they are put in a book. Professional is always good!
ReplyDelete