2009/04/07

Test.



Once upon a time, this pin had a gold-colored center with a keyhole, and a tiny gold-colored key dangling off at the end of a gold-colored chain. It was not long before the key and chain broke off. Then, last month or so, I accidentally put the pin through the washer, causing the keyhole part to fall off as well. I found it in the washer, and then put it into my pocket, but never took it out of my pocket, and haven't seen it since. Today I decided that I would never find it, so I decided to fill up the empty center with beads, as a test to my previously-mentioned brooch design.

There are a few problems. The visible holes on the large beads look pretty bad. And there are a lot of clear beads, which appear to be mere globs of glue, like I didn't even bother to fill up the heart-shaped hole correctly. That's no good at all. So simple solution: in the future don't use big beads or clear beads.

This post feels kind of pointless.

2 comments:

  1. .

    Hooray for jpgs because it looks fine from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, when you look at it really close up you can tell what's glue and what's beads. No one's looking that close at a hat brooch in real life.

    I should have at least painted in the hole before filling it with beads to give the clear beads a background color.

    ReplyDelete