I've woven three belts in the past 2 days and it's great!
First I lay out the thread and cut it to a uniform length. The thread is arranged according to how it will be threaded onto the cards. I use crochet thread.
Then I thread it onto the cards and set up my "loom." I have to be very careful that the cards don't get out of order or flip over, so I keep them together with one of those big pinchy paperclips.
Here it is all set up, ready to weave. One end is tied to a lamp, the other end is tied to a string which is tied to my bed. Most tablet weavers tie one end to something, and the other end to their own belt, because it allows direct control
I finish the ends with braiding and a tassel. It's fast, it won't come undone, and it utilizes the entire length of the thread. It gets more complicated if I want to add hardware like buckles, rings, points, etc. For now I just want the belts to tie. This particular braid is made with nine strands, but it looks just like any fishbone braid that could be done with five or seven strands.
ooh. i like
ReplyDeleteso amazing! you continue to impress me with your awesome skills!
ReplyDeleteDo you still use/need those gift cards?
ReplyDeleteI do need more cards. I need at least 2 more.
ReplyDelete