This is a song written about Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan. As usual, the lyrics contain SPOILERS. If you haven't read Son of Neptune and its preceding books, you really, really should. Particularly if you like Greek mythology and YA fantasy. If you are turned off to the series because of the Lightning Thief movie, well I can't blame you, that movie was terrible. Needless to say, the book is infinitely superior. The books are:
Series One: Percy Jackson and the Olympians The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, The Titan's Curse, The Battle of the Labyrinth, The Last Olympian, The Demigod Files
Series Two: The Heroes of Olympus The Lost Hero, The Son of Neptune
Okay now here are the lyrics.
The Short First Life of Hazel
It was not long before I saw this gift was a true curse.
Be careful when you wish for all the riches of the earth,
For when you live in poverty, you wonder what is worse.
When jewels take the lives of men, it shows what they are worth.
I don't know why it fell to me to bear this awful skill.
He came to her and she gave him a wish he could fulfill;
They come to me from in the earth, deeper than man can till;
It came to her, and she obeyed the voice's evil will.
Now far from home I take my plight,
Row to an island out of sight,
Resurrect this evil thing,
A body's gold and silver gleam.
Though I may have died a hero when I shoved it underground,
I thought Elysium was too good for one who'd done such wrong.
My mother, controlled by the voice, to Tartarus was bound,
Forever with the monsters and the sinners to belong.
I bartered at the judgement for my mother's and my soul,
So to the fields of Asphodel we were deemed to go.
Therein we shuffled, silent, ghostly spirits blank and bare,
Susurrating memories of lifetimes short and gone.
And in the misty grayness, so grimly waiting there,
I met a son of Pluto, my half-brother never known.
I want to hear the music to it...
ReplyDeleteI can't write music, so you're on your own there.
ReplyDelete