Cinderella. Not just general Cinderella, specifically Disney's Cinderella. This may have been because our names start with the same letter. Or maybe I thought I did so many more chores than everyone else.
Grumpy. This is pretty self-explanatory, I think.
Chip or Dale. I don't remember which one. Hopefully Chip. And now that I look at it, Chip 'n' Dale's Rescue Rangers just MIGHT be where I first started becoming obsessed with the whole PI thing.
Benjamin/Dorcas. This was a simple assignation by age. Seven brothers in the film corresponding to the seven sisters in my family. As the second-oldest, I was thusly correspondent to Benjamin, the second brother. Then at some point later I got all gender-conscious and decided to be Dorcas instead, who is Benjamin's bride. (Dorcas is the one in the all-plaid, short-sleeve dress and Benjamin is behind her.)
Gurkin. This one is much more recent, obviously. Of course I would have to automatically be assigned to this updated version of Grumpy, but it's a fitting match. Angst. Blogging. Dating hot goth chicks (okay wait, NOT that one). Brynn's favorite is how we both say "I made it." (He is the one in the front.) [Nerdy film aside: The director of this film is the guy who made George Lucas in Love. YESSSSSSS. I wonder if I still have that somewhere.]
Snow White. This one is also more recent. It's mostly for the sake of making fun of me, because I like the Snow White fairy tale, but I rather hate Disney's film. Also, I kind of look like her.This is all I can remember. Hilarious how these are mostly Disney characters. I don't even like Disney. But I didn't know that when I was a kid.
What is the name of the film with Gurkin in it?
ReplyDeletehahahahahaha I'm trying to remember why you were Cinderella...I just wanted to be Jasmine, probably because she is skanky. But let's see which Winnie the Pooh character were you? I was tigger, dad Eyeore, Brynn Pooh, Alyssa Kanga, Laura?, and were you piglet?
ReplyDeleteI wonder which of the seven dorks I am? haha gurkin is so awesome.
ReplyDeleteLogan: Sydney White and the Seven Dorks.
ReplyDeleteJill: I forgot about Winnie the Pooh, but yeah I was Piglet. Probably because I was small and useless. Laura was probably Rabbit.
Brynn: That is something you have to decide for yourself ;)
poor small and useless thing...pity pity pity
ReplyDeleteI did this a lot when I was younger, taking a character and making him my own. I was certainly Dale from Rescue Rangers. The older I get, the more I realize how influential that show was on so much of my development.
ReplyDeleteEventually my two younger sisters began assigning characters to themselves. It got very heated when there was only one female character or a supposedly superior one.
Also, one of them had a years-long obsession/crush/pretend engagement with Grumpy.