2008/09/19

Ideas.2

Social ideas that will probably never come to fruition:

Tea parties (I’ve been over this)
Noir night (where I become ridiculously OCD and want to watch all the films mentioned in my film noir book, in chronological order)
Super club (We all wear masks and have nyms and just hang out pretending to be awesome—Like “Emokid and Chemokid” from Head Trip)
Time travel club (We go out in public pretending to be from the future, past, or parallel dimensions—costumes or at least odd dress mandatory)

While some of these are fairly ridiculous and whimsical, the main reason these will never come to fruition is that I am very bad at social planning, and it stresses me out quite a bit. If only there was an orange out there that could make my ideas happen. So to anyone who wants to leave a comment like, “Yeah, I would totally be involved in that, let me know when you put it together”—too bad, because unless you put it together, it’s not going to happen.

7 comments:

  1. Thinking about the time travel idea led me to being depressed over what a real contingent from the past would see — for in our time the nightmares dreamt in the Romantic era have all been surpassed, and the despair of the postwar Existentialists has been entirely vindicated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a mad tea party would be a delight.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/aragonzo/sets/72157603345841019/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man I always thought it was GREENS who were good at planning stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Logan I don't know if you're right...

    ReplyDelete
  5. But greens are not as social as oranges. Plus oranges are the "leaders" so they are good at getting stuff done when it involves other people.

    Besides, what can you expect from me, I'm only 1/3 blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yoink! *steals ideas*
    seriously, I know that I could make time travel club and super club happen if they involved bikes because of the biking community i'm in up here in SLC. I think these things would be cool to do so (bikes or no bikes) perhaps I will roll them around in my brain...
    the thing about bikes is i'd have a guaranteed group of attendants, (as with the Harry Potter party) otherwise I don't know if I could get very many people to come.
    also these things would work out better if we were still friends with a lot of crazy actors. (because i'm not as much)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I see what you mean, coming from that angle...

    ReplyDelete